Gajar ka halwa for diabetics, weight conscious
Normally, you would avoid traditional #Gajar ka halwa# if you are dieting or a diabetic. All that ghee and sugar. No way! Try this simply yummy #Gajar ka Halwa#. Get all the health, all the taste.
You need about ¼ - ½ kg red Carrots. Carrots have natural sugars and plenty of vitamins (even your family will love this healthy recipe)
· 1/4 litre Milk, preferably skimmed
· In a Kadhai (thick bottomed vessel) put in the grated carrots
· Let the water (of the simmering carrots) dry a little
· Pour in the milk
· Let the milk and carrots cook well
· Add one spoon of ghee (You can avoid this, too, if you wish!)
· Add dry fruits: a few almonds, kaju, 4-5 raisins( if you’re sugar is controlled)
I normally do not add ghee but add plenty of milk which makes it creamy and no raisins for me.
· Stir the mixture till it is well-browned
· Put a lid with water on it. This helps the gajar ka halwa brown well. the ghee that oozes out is an indicator - the gajar ka halwa is cooked
· Stir in between just to get it evenly browned
· The remaining water on the pan cover can also be added into the mixture, if needed.
· Take-off the gas once the halwa is nicely brown and has a delicious flavour.
Eat this simply delicious #Gajar ka Halwa# with your family and friends.
You will find it vanishes in a jiffy with your friends, colleagues, when you’re away from home.
*Ghee and raisins should be avoided if sugar is high or if you are dieting. Get the goodness without the calories.
*Add sugar-free, only if you need it(check for the pros and cons of sucralose)